USH Constitution and Bylaws 2023 Edited draft
May 2023 Proposed Changes to the Unitarian Society of Hartford Constitution to be voted on at the Annual Meeting.
- Increase the number of Councils and Council Chairs from 4 to 6, which will increase the board from 8 to 10.
- Quorum – Increase the number of voting board members present from 5 to 6 to constitute a quorum.
- Formalize the Board’s power to set policy guidelines for the Ministers Discretionary Fund.
- Add to Administration Council Sub-council – Emergency preparedness and security sub-council.
- Duties now under the Council on Administration shall be divided between the Council on Administration and the new Council on Finance.
- Duties now under the Council on Community Within shall be divided between the Council on Community Within and the new Council on Membership.
- The Chair of the New Membership Council shall serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee. The immediate past-president shall have no formal duties.
- The president of the Endowment Committee may not concurrently serve as an officer, an at-large member of the Board of Directors, or a Council chair.
- Add a Dissolution Clause – In the unlikely event that the Unitarian Society of Hartford ceases to exist, all funds shall be ultimately deposited or used for tax exempt purposes.