Sunday Worship Live Online About Sunday Worship Order of Servicethe Chalice Clubhouse! Give Online Meeting House Presents Did UU Know? Unitarian Society of Hartford Unitarian Universalism Visitors Members
Nourishing Spirit through worship, music and lifelong learning.
Building Community through programs, gatherings and service.
Working for Justice through volunteering and advocacy.
Unitarian Universalists value a “free and responsible search for truth and meaning.” Our Religious Education program provides a framework for children as they begin their path of lifespan faith development with a wide range of religious and philosophical traditions. Visit our new Chalice Clubhouse or contact (860) 233-9897 Annie Witzler email@example.com with questions about our Religious Education Program.
• Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
• Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion and the transforming power of love;
• Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
• Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
• Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
• Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
Worship services start at 10:30 a.m. Whenever, and however, you come, we’ll be happy to see you! Masks are optional at the present time for all fully vaccinated members, friends, and guests. Join us for worship in person or online every Sunday at 10:30 a.m!
In person: We strongly recommend attendees be fully vaccinated (two shots plus a boost in most cases). Due to the 2023 uptick in Covid cases in Hartford county, the CDC is recommending wearing a mask in public indoor spaces. Accordingly, we urge our congregants to wear masks during our Sunday services and will have masks available for those who forget to bring them.
Online: Online services are still available. We would love to see you.
Coffee hour: An informal coffee and connection hour will take place in Fellowship Hall immediately after the service. Zoom coffee hour is also available.
In the New Year: ForgivenessSunday Jan. 1, 2023 @ 10:30am
Henry Whitney Bellows, the 19th century’s leading Unitarian churchman, died in 1882 at age 67. Read more about Henry Whitney Bellows at: www.HarvardSquareLibrary.org - the digital library of Unitarian Universalism.The post January 31 first appeared on Harvard Square Library.
We offer our sermons both on-demand and live through our Vimeo account. The live service is available on our Vimeo page at the time it's being held. Click below to start watching or browse our archive.
Watch Sermons On-Demand
Sermon Archive »
Past Newsletters »
USH Website Maintenance: Please contact Office Administrator Buffie Pinney with any problems you experience with our website. Website updates are either addressed by her or by our USH website consultant. Thank you!